- BA (Hons), Psychology and Sociology
- Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Dip. Hypnotherapy
- Dip. NLP
- Dip. Life Coaching
- Cert. Anxiety, Stress and Panic
- Treating Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Teaching Clients Mindfulness Skills
- Hypnotherapy for Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Hypnotherapy for IVF
An integrated and team working approach to improving your sleep related problems. Read more >
The Wellforce Sleep clinic provides team approach to the treatment of sleep disorders in adults and children.
We specialise in helping patients with insomnia, e.g. difficulty falling asleep, frequent waking, early waking, un-refreshing sleep, as well as other sleep related problems such as restless legs, and nightmares/terrors.
Patients attending will benefit from our Sleep Clinic team approach – where two or more of the following therapies are combined at each session: acupuncture, homeopathy, hypnotherapy, nutritional therapy and osteopathy.
All our treatments can be safely combined with conventional medical treatments.
Acupuncture is a system of traditional medicine, which has been used in China and other eastern cultures for thousands of years to restore, promote and maintain good health. Traditional acupuncture takes a holistic approach to health and regards illness as a sign that the body is out of balance. The exact pattern and degree of imbalance is unique to each individual. The traditional acupuncturist’s skill lies in identifying the precise nature of the underlying disharmony and selecting the most effective treatment. The choice of acupuncture points will be specific to each patient’s needs.
Homeopathy is a system of health care that has been in worldwide use for over 200 years. It is the second largest therapeutic system in use in the world. An in depth consultation with the homeopath will help establish the precise nature of your sleep related problems, the causes and triggers. You will work with the homeopath to identify the correct homeopathic medicine for you and your particular symptoms. The main principle of homeopathic medicine is the principle of ‘like cures like’ and the aim of the homeopathic medicine is to help stimulate the body’s own healing response.
Hypnotherapy is a therapy where the patient is guided into a state of deep relaxation. It is seen as a way to permit communication with the subconscious mind, enabling the therapist to promote beneficial changes in behaviour and thought patterns. Hypnotherapy is used to restore refreshing sleep patterns, to help deal with any issues that maintain wakefulness, and to bring about deep levels of relaxation. Hypnotherapy helps to reduce tension and stress, which may be an underlying feature of poor sleep and it can reduce the anxieties surrounding lack of sleep.
Nutritional Therapy is a nutritional specialism that works according to the body's metabolic needs. With regards to sleep and insomnia, for example, there may be an imbalance in the hormones that signal the body to go to sleep. A plan is then created to help readdress any imbalances. This might include adjustments to what you eat and when you eat as well as other recommendations that may be of benefit such as changes in your lifestyle. If necessary, nutritional medicines may be recommended, to help restore the body back to health.
Information on the evidence relating to each therapy is available at:
Please contact our reception team to book an appointment with our Sleep Clinic team.
< Read less
Therapies available in this clinic include
- Please see each therapists page for treatment prices
Our Sleep Clinic Therapists
- Tuesdays 1.15pm - 8.30pm
- Wednesdays 1.15pm - 5.15pm
- Thursdays 9am - 1.00pm
- Monday 11am to 7pm
- Tuesday 1pm to 8.30pm
- Wednesday 11am to 8.30pm
- Thursday 11am to 7pm
- Friday 1pm to 5.15pm
- Other times available by arrangement
- BSc Econ (Hons) (University of Wales)
- Dip. Ac (Salford University)
- Dip. Ac. (The Bodyharmonics Centre)
- Cert ChMed (Shulan College of Chinese Medicine)
- MATCM (Member of Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- MBAcC ( Member of British Acupuncture Council)
- Recognised by Westfield, HSA and Aviva Health
- Zita West affiliated acupuncturist
- Monday 16.30 until 20.30
- Tuesday 10.00 until 20.30
- Wednesday 10.00 until 20.30
- Ad. Hoc appointments available - please call reception for more details
To check availability or make an appointment about the Sleep Clinic, please call 0114 276 9500 or email us using the form below. Mandatory fields are marked with a *