- MSc Clinical Psychology (University of Amsterdam)
- Registered with EABCT (European Association for Behavioural Cognitive Therapy)
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Counselling in Sheffield
Counselling offers an opportunity to make sense of your individual circumstances, at a time when there may be changes occurring in your life. This can help you explore and unlock your feelings, understand your relationships and enable you to feel more confident.
Therapy offers you a chance to explore deeply held beliefs about yourself and your personality, and to look at how your past has helped to shape the person you are. You can explore patterns of behaviour in your life, and the potential to make changes for your future.
Sheffield Counsellors at Wellforce offer a trusting and respectful relationship to help support you in identifying the choices you have and the decisions you might wish to make.
Our experienced counsellors all work to a strict code of ethics and ensure confidentiality within a secure and safe environment.
Counselling may be able to help...
- Understand Relationships
- Explore Emotions
- Make Decisions
- Make changes for the future
- Change Patterns in Behaviour
- Understand Yourself and Others
Our Counselling Therapists
- Tuesdays 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Some Tuesday evening sessions may also be available.
- Tuesday to Thursday 5pm - 7pm
- Friday daytime
- D.Clin.Psy. Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2000)
- PhD (Clinical and occupational psychology research field) (1996)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (AFBPsS)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (Clinical Psychologist)
- Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapy Practitioner (Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy)
- Accredited Cognitive Analytic Therapy Supervisor (Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy)
- Director of Taylored Psychology Ltd (associates at Wellforce: Charlotte De Kroon and Laurence Keith)
- Mondays 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Tuesdays 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Fridays 9.00am - 1.00pm
- BSc (Honours) Psychology
- D. CLIN. PSYCH Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Graduate & Postgraduate Diploma in Systemic Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness practice course
- Graduate & Postgraduate Diploma in couple and individual Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), ICEEFT (Institute for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Certified Cyber Therapist, Online Therapy Institute
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist with the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered with the Association for Counselling and Therapy online (ACTO)
- Mondays 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Thursdays 9.00am - 1.00pm
- BA (Hons), Psychology and Sociology
- Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice
- Professional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Dip. Hypnotherapy
- Dip. NLP
- Dip. Life Coaching
- Cert. Anxiety, Stress and Panic
- Treating Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- Working with Eating Disorders
- Teaching Clients Mindfulness Skills
- Hypnotherapy for Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Hypnotherapy for IVF
- Tuesdays 1.15pm - 8.30pm
- Wednesdays 1.15pm - 5.15pm
- Thursdays 9am - 1.00pm
- Ad. hoc. appointments available daytime and evenings. Please enquire with reception 0114 2769500
- Monday 5.30pm until 8.30pm
- Tuesday 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Flexible appointment times (please enquire for further details)
- Tuesdays 9.00am - 1.00pm
- Appointments available some evenings - please contact Wellforce for more information
- Flexible appointment times available Monday to Friday (please enquire for further details)
- Wednesdays 9am - 5pm
- Evenings and Saturdays (by arrangement)
- BA (Hons)
- Dip. HE Counselling
- M.A Trauma Studies
- Accredited Member BACP
- Parent Effectiveness Training Instructor
- Art Therapy Foundation Course (Sheffield NHS Trust)
- Survivors UK Male Sexual Violation therapeutic training course
- EMDR Training (parts one and two)
- Member EMDR UK and Ireland Association
- Boarding School Survivors training for therapists
- Flexible appointment times
- Wednesdays 2:30pm - 8.30pm
- Thursdays 2:30pm - 8:30pm
Appointments & Enquiries
To check availability, make an appointment or make a general enquiry about Counselling, please call 0114 276 9500 or email us using the form below. Mandatory fields are marked with a *.
You may also be interested in...
To find out more about Cognitive Analytic Therapy and whether it may be able to help you, follow the link below to the website of the Association for Cognitive Analytical Therapy.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a type of Psychotherapy based on the testing and questioning of a client's pre-existing thoughts assumptions and beliefs. The aim of CBT is to lead the client into questioning and testing the truthfulness of automatic thoughts and assumptions with the aim of reconstructing unhelpful and unrealistic beliefs that often underly negative emotions.
CBT techniques are tailored to the individual but may include, for example being asked to keep a diary of events along with any thoughts and behaviours associated with them. These are then questioned and tested as the therapist gently leads the client to face activities which may have been avoided for some time.
Help towards understanding your own feelings and emotions