- City and Guilds Diploma
- TIS Registered
Massage (Pregnancy & Maternity)
Massage during pregnancy is a therapeutic bodywork which focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of the maternity experience.
Pregnancy can bring with it many side effects, and some can be less pleasant than others. As your body goes through many physical and emotional changes, it can result in many new aches and pains that massage can gently ease and relieve.
Massage not only helps you to relax, and feel rejuvenated but in pregnancy can also help with,
- Relieving oedema or swelling by stimulating circulation throughout the body.
- Reduce leg cramps and swelling in the legs.
- Relax and ease tension around the postural muscles of the back and shoulders.
- Massage is very beneficial for relaxing anxieties during pregnancy.
- Massage can help promote more restful sleep and help prevent pregnancy related insomnia.
- Pregnancy massage may relax your baby, particularly if you have your abdomen included in the massage and can help with the initial bonding process.
Maternity or pregnancy massage is safe in all stages of pregnancy, and before your treatment a detailed consultation of your medical and obstetric history will take place.
Taking into account your lifestyle and what is currently happening in your pregnancy, the massage treatment would be tailored to meet your desired outcomes.
Aromatherapy oils can also be safely used within a pregnancy massage but you must have a consultation with one of our qualified aromatherapists first.
We are now very happy to offer Pregnancy and Maternity Massage Therapy at the Sheffield centre with our trained and experienced therapists.
Massage (Pregnancy & Maternity) may be able to help...
- Relieving oedema or swelling
- Reduce leg cramps and swelling in the legs
- Relax and ease tension around the postural muscles of the back and shoulders
Our Massage (Pregnancy & Maternity) Therapists
- Fridays 1.30pm - 5.30pm
Appointments & Enquiries
To check availability, make an appointment or make a general enquiry about Massage (Pregnancy & Maternity), please call 0114 276 9500 or email us using the form below. Mandatory fields are marked with a *.
You may also be interested in...
Acupuncture is an effective form of pain relief. It can help relieve anxiety and depression as well as rebalancing the body's energies and encouraging natural healing. Fertility acupuncture can improve the chances of conception.
Relax and let the essential oils uplift and enhance your mood
Homeopathy uses plants and minerals prepared in a way which makes them both powerful and gentle. Wellforce Complementary Medicine is the ideal place to consult Homeopaths in Sheffield. All are experienced practitioners and members of the Society of Homeopaths.