- Bowen Technique Diploma (BTAA)
- Member of the Bowen Association
- Member of the Bowen Therapy Professional Association (BTPA)
- Angelic Reiki Masters
- Member of the Angelic Reiki Association
- Usui Reiki
- Diploma in Indian Champissage (Head Massage)
- Integrated Myofascial Release
- Sharon Wheeler Scar Tissue Release
- McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release
Scar Tissue Release
When any soft tissue, muscles, tendons, nerves, fascia or ligaments are damaged, the body produces scar tissue. This is a natural part of the healing process, however, the scarring can cause problems both internally and externally - they can also have long term and sometimes lifelong effects - particularly post-surgical scars.
Scar tissue can cause immediate pain in the damaged area, as well as having the potential to spread in any direction, causing pain and problems in other parts of the body.
What does it involve?
Scar tissue therapy techniques are based on the principles of Bowen Therapy, Myofascial Release and massage techniques, that involve small, gentle moves and pressure on and around the scar tissue, which help to soften and release the restrictions, tightness and adhesions.
How can it help me?
Scar tissue work may:
- Help improve the appearance of the scar;
- Reduce pain, restrictions and tissue tension;
- Help prevent and reduce adhesions both superficially and deep;
- Help activate the nerves to reduce numbness, pain and sensitivity;
- Relieve stress on the body;
- Improve flexibility and range of motion;
- Improve mobility and freedom of movement;
- Promote balance and body realignment to help maintain good posture;
- Improve the flow of oxygen, lymph, blood and nutrients;
- Reduce the possibility of long-term problems due to fascial adhesions;
- Release trapped emotions.
Scar Tissue Release may be able to help...
- Improve appearance of the scar
- Reduce pain
- Reduce tissue tension and restrictions
- Relieve stress on the body
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
- Activate nerves and reduce numbness
Our Scar Tissue Release Therapists
- Mondays 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Other times (Monday-Friday) on request
Appointments & Enquiries
To check availability, make an appointment or make a general enquiry about Scar Tissue Release, please call 0114 276 9500 or email us using the form below. Mandatory fields are marked with a *.