What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is a holistic complementary therapy which involves the Kinesiologist asking you questions specific to your condition or problem whilst using the application of a slow, gentle and light pressure to a muscle (usually on the fore-arm) to gather information about the reasons that stress and tension are held in the body.
Emotional traumas stress and anxiety are often at the root of many physical and psychological problems that we experience. The tension can be held within the muscles for years and eventually will begin to manifest as a physical illness or pain.
The kinesiologist will work with you to discover the initial cause of the physical or psychological problem and then help you to defuse it gently and harmoniously.
During a session, we will identify the emotions causing the problem but also the event which triggered it.
Kinesiology may be beneficial in the treatment of the following:
- The relief of physical pain such as back pain, joint and muscular problems
- Accelerating recovery from injury
- Releasing emotional stress associated with physical symptoms such as : allergies, anxiety, digestive disorders, skin problems, MS, Post
- Traumatic Stress Disorder, numbness, asthma, sinusitis
- Increasing vitality and resistance to illness
- Improving posture/co-ordination
- Setting and achieving goals
- Improving sport performance
Therapists that offer this; Diane Piette.