Massage during pregnancy is a therapeutic bodywork which focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of the maternity experience.
Pregnancy can bring with it many side effects, and some can be less pleasant than others. As your body goes through many physical and emotional changes, it can result in many new aches and pains that massage can gently ease and relieve.
Massage not only helps you to relax, and feel rejuvenated but in pregnancy can also help with,
- Relieving oedema or swelling by stimulating circulation throughout the body.
- Reduce leg cramps and swelling in the legs.
- Relax and ease tension around the postural muscles of the back and shoulders.
- Massage is very beneficial for relaxing anxieties during pregnancy.
- Massage can help promote more restful sleep and help prevent pregnancy related insomnia.
- Pregnancy massage may relax your baby, particularly if you have your abdomen included in the massage and can help with the initial bonding process.
Maternity or pregnancy massage is safe in all stages of pregnancy, and before your treatment a detailed consultation of your medical and obstetric history will take place.
Taking into account your lifestyle and what is currently happening in your pregnancy, the massage treatment would be tailored to meet your desired outcomes.
Aromatherapy oils can also be safely used within a pregnancy massage but you must have a consultation with one of our qualified aromatherapists first.