Neuro-Linguistic programming is an approach to communication and personal development which encompasses the three most influential elements involved in creating human experience: neurology (how we think), language (how we speak) and programming the patterns / beliefs we hold).
NLP aims to educate people in self-awareness and effective communication and to change patterns of mental and emotional behaviour. It is based on the study of successful human performance where the skills of effective and influential people are studied and then made avaialble to others through a tool box of techniques. These tools can be used by you to make changes in your own life, changing unhelpful patterns of thinking or behaving into more resourceful and helpful patterns. NLP has many applications – it can be used to:
- Help you overcome fears and phobias
- Improve your effectiveness at work, at home and socially
- Improve your motivation
- Help you to set goals and move forward positively
- Help you to relate better to others
- Help you to change the impact of difficult past experiences